Raw Camu Camu Powder
Camu Camu is the fruit of a bush which grows naturally in the Amazon region of South America, where the climate is hot and humid. Whilst the fruit has been consumed locally for centuries, it has recently caught the attention of nutritionists, as it is one of the world’s richest sources of the antioxidant Vitamin C. As a comparison, the tart-tasting, cherry-sized camu camu fruit contains between 30-60 times more Vitamin C than an orange, with its content making up to 12% of the product.
Camu Camu’s Vitamin C and other nutritional content have a key role in preventing oxidative-stress cell damage, in turn having a positive anti-ageing effect, as well as providing support to the body’s immune system, cartilage, bones, blood vessels and the brain. Camu Camu is in fine powder form, which is easily consumed and added to a healthy diet.
- Immediately pulped after harvest and freeze-dried for nutrient maximum retention
- Raw, processing temperatures remain below 45°C to retain vitamins and minerals
- Source of Vitamin C, over 30-60 times more than an orange
- 12% of Camu Camu’s content is Vitamin C
- Antioxidant, prevents oxidative-stress cell damage
- Supports the immune system, cartilage, bones, blood vessels and brain
Recommended use: add 1 teaspoon to water, juice or a smoothie. Stir/shake and consume, once or twice daily.