Celtic Sea Salt is naturally moist salt harvested from the Atlantic seawater off the coast of Brittany, France. This type of salt is harvested using the Celtic method of wooden rakes allowing no metal to touch the salt. It is naturally aired and sun-dried in clay ponds and gathered with wooden tools to preserve its living enzymes. Because it is unrefined, it contains all of the 84 beneficial live elements found in sea water, with no chemical and preservatives nor any other additives.
Natural Celtic sea salt is vastly different from the many refined salts on the market, including those from the sea. Refined salts lack the many trace minerals that gives Celtic sea salt its health-promoting benefits. In addition, refined salts (or table salt) contain harmful chemicals and other processing additives.
Celtic sea salt supplies all 82 trace minerals needed by the human body for optimal health and longevity. Since it is unrefined, it does not contain any chemicals, preservatives, or any other additive. The geographical orientation of the Atlantic and the climactic conditions of the region play an important part in the unique mix of sea minerals and the quality of salt that is extracted.
The 2,000-year old Celtic method for harvesting this salt is crucial to preserving its natural state and the process is supported by modern quality control standards.
10 Key Health Benefits of Celtic Sea Salt
Natural salt is the element that helps to regulate water content in the body. The balance of water and salt in the body is critical.
Another key reason why natural salt is so important is because our bodies need trace elements for proper function. These elements are usually not found in food or nutritional supplements in a form that the body can utilize.
However, all 82 of the essential trace elements needed by the body are found in natural unrefined sea salt and are in a bio-available form. In general, natural sea salt helps to balance the entire body. Some of the more pronounced benefits include the following:
- Regulates heartbeat and blood pressure. Even though refined salt can cause high blood pressure, natural salt with adequate water intake can help to stabilize irregular heartbeats and normalize blood pressure. In other words, if you have low blood pressure, taking Celtic sea salt can help to raise it. If you have high blood pressure, it can help to lower it.
- Eliminates mucus buildup. Not only does this salt help to eliminate existing mucus buildup, but it will help to prevent it. This benefit makes it very helpful for people with allergies, asthma, sinus issues, or bronchial congestion.
- Improves brain function. Sea salt is vital to the health of nerve cells and their ability to communicate and process information. This salt also helps to extract excess acidity and toxins from brain cells.
- Balances blood sugars. Celtic sea salt is especially helpful for diabetics because it helps to balance blood sugars.
- Alkalizes the body. Excess acidity in the body is an underlying cause of many diseases. Salt is vital to the removal of excess acid wastes from the cells. In addition, mineral rich salt will help to maintain the optimal acid-alkaline balance.
- Increases energy. Salt and water are the key elements for the generation of hydroelectric energy in the cells. When sodium and trace minerals are deficient in the body, fatigue will set in.
- Provides electrolyte balance. Natural Celtic salt will help keep the electrolyte minerals in your body balanced, releasing excess sodium and water. For problems with water retention, gradual sea salt intake can help to release excess water stored in body tissue.
- Builds immunity. Regular intake of natural sea salt and its highly absorptive minerals can give you a higher resistance to illness, infections, and disease. It can also help your body to heal faster after an injury or surgery.
- Promotes restful sleep. The abundance of trace minerals in natural sea salt will have a calming effect on the entire nervous system. In addition, the proper ratio of water and salt consumption can help to prevent the need to urinate during the night.
- Prevents muscle cramps. Muscle cramps are often caused by an electrolyte imbalance, especially a lack of sodium. Celtic sea salt provides these minerals in the correct proportion. Your body will take what it needs and get rid of the rest, as long as you are drinking enough water.